Hari Jumaat lepas merupakan hari bersejarah buat keluarga Kak Yan as my second daughter Asma was called to the bar di Mahkamah Tinggi, Kuala Lumpur.
Call to the bar ni sebenarnya merupakan upacara tradisi dan rasmi bagi setiap orang peguam yang telah menjalani Latihan dalam Kamar (chambering) di mana-mana law firm di Malaysia ini selama sembilan bulan. Hanya selepas menjalani chambering ini dengan jayanya lah baru lah mereka boleh diiktiraf sebagai peguamcara dan peguambela oleh Mahkamah Tinggi Malaysia.
Kiranya baru dapat lesen untuk jadi lawyer lah. Kak Yan ingatkan selama ini lulus sahaja dengan ijazah undang-undang di mana-mana univesiti dah boleh digelar lawyer.
Apapun kami sebagai emak bapak ni sangatlah berbangga dengan pencapaian Asma sehingga kini. Tambahan pula chambering yang dilaluinya sangatlah mencabar….. sering sahaja pulang ke rumah pukul 3 hingga 4 pagi. Syukur semuanya berjaya dilaluinya.
Di bawah ini Kak Yan sertakan speech yang dibaca oleh mover (yang merupakan senior lawyer) Asma sewaktu upacara Call to the Bar tempoh hari. Speech berbahasa Inggeris ini disediakan oleh Asma sendiri.
PETITIONER: ASMA BINTI MIOR AZHAR
PETITION NO: WA-18-953-07/2019
LONG CALL DATE: 24.07.2020 (FRIDAY)
TIME: 10.30 AM
COURT: BKKK 2, HIGH COURT OF MALAYA IN KUALA LUMPUR
JUDGE:YA DATO’ SRI MARIANA BINTI HAJI YAHYA
LONG CALL SPEECH
Dengan izin Yang Arif,
Saya, Hjh Noraishah bt Hj Idris, hadir bagi pihak Pempetisyen Asma binti Mior Azhar pada hari ini. Rakan-rakan bijaksana saya yang masing-masing mewakili Yang Berbahagia Peguam Negara Malaysia, Majlis Peguam Malaysia dan Jawatankuasa Peguam Kuala Lumpur yang telah pun diperkenalkan awal tadi.
Dengan izin Yang Arif,
Saya ingin memohon kebenaran Yang Arif untuk meneruskan hujahan saya dalam Bahasa Inggeris.
May it please your Ladyship,
May I introduce the Petitioner, Asma binti Mior Azhar,
- The Petitioner was born in Shah Alam on 24th August 1995, but would later call Subang Jaya as her home and a place where she grew up in. She is the second daughter of Mior Azhar bin Mior Md Isa and Azian binti Hasan, both of whom are present with us this morning.
- The Petitioner had her early education in SK USJ 20, before continuing her secondary school in SMK USJ 13, and later at SMK Seafield.
- After graduating from her foundation studies at the Centre of Foundation Studies under International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM), she would later embark on her tertiary education at IIUM, eventually obtaining her Bachelor of Laws (Hons) after four years of studies. My Lady, the Petitioner intends to honour her alma mater today by calling it her second home, as throughout her four years of studies she had been able to grow as a person beyond her wildest dream by constantly challenging herself.
- Upon graduation, the Petitioner commenced her pupillage at Messrs. Albar & Partners under the tutelage of Ms Natalie Peh Suan Wan.
- On this memorable day, the Petitioner would like to take this opportunity to record her sincere and utmost gratitude for her parents and her two sisters, Alia and Arissa. The Petitioner couldn’t begin to utter how thankful she is over the level of love, sacrifices and support that her family had given her throughout her life. The Petitioner would like to express that today is truly a gift for her parents, for all the unflinching support, encouragement as well as freedom they have afforded her until today. The Petitioner would also like to thank her sisters and cousins, especially Kak Safia, Aya and Ina, for always being her confidant and sources of inspiration.
- The Petitioner would like to thank her pupil master, Ms Natalie Peh Suan Wan for her guidance and knowledge sharing throughout her chambering time. During the 9 months of pupillage, the Petitioner was able to learn well in the realms of Corporate Law and Capital Markets.
- The Petitioner is grateful to all her colleagues in Albar & Partners, for their guidance and kindness had made the Petitioner’s first entrance into the Legal industry all the more colourful.
- The Petitioner’s fond appreciation also goes to her friends for the companionship and comfort they have given her until today. The Petitioner would like to thank Fatin, Tutu, Nusaybah, Shida, Aisyah, Najiyah, Mia, Amalina, Wan Izzdihar, Izyani and Zu Ezral for their unyielding love and gentle affection over the Petitioner have made her flourish into who she is today. And for that, she is thankful.
- The Petitioner is also extremely grateful to Puan Hjh Noraishah, her mover today who has kindly agreed to take time out of her very busy schedule to move the Petitioner’s call.
- Lastly, the Petitioner would like to thank her secondary English school teacher, Ms Sibyl Su, for when the Petitioner had first expressed her desire to one day become a lawyer, Ms Sibyl did not laugh in response, much to the Petitioner’s surprise. If not for that single moment, the Petitioner would not stand here today.
- My Lady, I believe that the Petitioner is a fit and proper person to be admitted and enrolled as an Advocate and Solicitor of this Honourable Court. I believe all the Petitioner’s papers are in order and my learned friends from the Attorney General’s Chambers, the Bar Council and the Kuala Lumpur Bar Committee respectively have no objections to this motion.
I humbly move this Honourable Court to admit and enrol the Petitioner, Asma binti Mior Azhar, as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya.